Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chaotic Start

Let's start from the beginning...

I woke up pretty early this morning to get ready and make sure (for like the 100th time) that I had everything I needed. My uncle brought my little cousins over to say bye and my eight year old cousin started crying, which had me sad from the start. 

My parents, cousin and siblings drove me to the airport and after having some minor problems with the self-check in machines, I had my boarding passes and luggage checked. Both my checked luggage were under 50 lbs (49.5 and 45) so I was glad I didn't have to take anything out. My other cousin and homegirl also came to see me off. Yes I did end up crying. I was super sad, and my little sister was crying too and it was a lot going on. But finally said the final good-byes and if I wasn't in an airport with so many people around, I'm sure I would have been bawling. 

The flight to St. Paul was quick and drama free. Once I got in MN it was hectic from there. There was a delay in MN because of air-traffic control, there was bad weather in ATL. We sat on the plane for like an hour and a half. I was a little worried because my flight was at 19:70 and the flight to ATL was about 2 hours, so it was going to be close. We ended up landing in ATL at about 19:00 so I thought I was good to go, but we ended up sitting on the plane for about another hour. So I ended up missing my flight to Johannesburg. After about 2 hours of talking to the Delta correspondent the only flight to Johannesburg is tomorrow (or today the 13th) at the same time, 19:40. So here I am at a hotel in ATL until tomorrow, tired and drained and just hoping tomorrow goes smoothly and I make it to PE drama free and safe. 

I have a ring that I wear that says Phil 4:13 “I can do all things through christ who strengthens me” and I swear I’ve been rubbing the words off the way I’ve been playing with it so much today with all my nervousness. 
Anyways I'm just waiting until 02:00 ATL time to call the Nelson Mandela Metro. University (NMMU) international student representative since it'll be 08:00 over there and give them an update. Later, bonne nuit! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you have had travel delays. I know it's not fun -- but we're all thinking of you! Not to worry as you'll be in Port Elizabeth in no time having the best semester! Good luck!!!
    -Brock-

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you made it safe my friend

    ReplyDelete