Monday, September 5, 2011

Blattodea (Cockroach)

If there's one thing I hate, its bugs. All types. Anything that creeps and crawls. And what will I be dealing with the most while I'm here?...

Cockroaches.

Just saying the name gives me chills. I've never seen so many cockroaches in my life. We saw one in our kitchen one day and I killed it quickly but after that we got bug spray the next day. And just today one was in my room. I wanted to scream, but didn't want to scare the roommates, so I went into kill mode. I thought to myself 'its about to go dooown'(Kevin Hart voice). I grabbed both insect killers I had bought (multi-insect and crawling insect) and literally drowned the cockroach in it. Then I was too scared to pick it up even though it was dead. I tried pulling it out with the broom and didn't succeed. Ended up actually pushing it back into the crevice where it came from. So I hope it's really dead or I'm screwed. Because if it has a family thats looking for him/her, they could be angry.

So of course after that I had to read up on cockroaches in SA and how to prevent/get rid of them. So I guess it's not easy to get rid of them since they crawl into tight spaces and they are nocturnal. Great. So they only come out at night and they know how to maneuver in tight places. I don't think I will be able to get use to this.

I will be DEEP cleaning my room tomorrow and buying more bug spray. And I will also be talking to off campus accomdation to see about getting the apartment sprayed. If they won't do it, I'll find a local company. I don't feel like living with those creepy crawlers while I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment